Our Give Back to Gro philanthropic mission is focused primarily in North America. We are proud to share a portion of our annual sales each year with the communities in which we live and work.
What We Support
We offer monetary and in-kind support to qualified non-profit organizations having a measurable impact in the communities where we operate. In-kind product donations are limited to materials from our consumer product offerings. Products are not offered at a discount for fundraising purposes. Donations of product are made in retail packaged goods and are not delivered in bulk.
What We Do Not Support
Our charitable funds do not support the following:
- Groups that are not tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Private foundations
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Research and development
- Organizational operating expenses
- Individual elementary and secondary schools, not associated with national outreach programming
- Groups or individuals seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips, or conventions
- United Way member organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro and its associates are generous supporters of annual United Way funding, agencies supported by United Way are not eligible to apply for additional support)
- Faith-Based Organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro will consider requests from faith-based organizations, provided the contributions are not used for inherently religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency versus the larger community in which an organization operates, i.e. community gardens)